Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas was great! We stayed home all day and I didn't go farther outside than the front porch. I got a 3 hour nap. Played with my kids. Brenna called me Mommy Princess all day. We had tea parties and Rowan cooked pretend pancakes in their new kitchen. Therin alternated between his video game and his robot dinosaur. I got to play my video game too. Therin & Rowan watched.
"Mommy, I'm your biggest fan!"
"You rock out loud, Mommy!"
"You're prettier than that hot chick in the video game"
My boys rock!
My grandma Mary came and visited and didn't seem uncomfortable while she was here. We chatted for awhile and she showed me some things on the piano. Mom & Dad stopped by for a little while before heading out to the O'Brien Family Christmas gathering. We probably should have gone too but there is so much internal family politicking. They also play that White Elephant Steal the Gift thing and I don't play those reindeer games. With all of the people that show up I'm surprised that Therin doesn't get sensory overload; I know I do. I used to hide under a table and read during the Christmas parties when I was a kid. Now that I'm not under the age of 18 I have to socialize. I don't mind socializing and I do get to have the cool eggnog but I hate when I get cornered by somebody who wants to gripe about how X isn't doing this or Y is doing too much for Z. It was nice to have a quiet Christmas.

I miss my brother and I'd love to spend time with his family, instead I lurk on his wife's blog and read all about it. Thanks Krystal!
Hugs to all of my family and friends who are far away. I hope your Christmas was all you wanted it to be.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I’m so glad you had a merry Christmas! That robot thing is super cool! (I bet Sandis would love it!) How awesome is all of this when outside life just seems to pause…

thegoodwench said...

You guys should definitely come out here and visit. We're going to be there in the spring if Dan and I can get our ducks in a row. We keep trying to find new jobs that rock.

I'm glad Christmas was great! We had a good one too.